Important! Please read these key points before requesting WIC review
- WIC deferral is not automatic. You will be notified of a decision after submitting the WIC Request Form.
- Do not submit any IRB applications to any site until you receive a response from WIC.
- A request must involve collaborators from two or more WIC institutions.
- The lead investigator is responsible for communication between collaborating sites and assuring that the correct protocol is being followed.
- WIC will not accept studies involving prisoners.
- Any WIC member’s IRB may at any time immediately assume IRB review and oversight responsibility. You will be notified if this should happen.
- You may be subject to auditing by the WIC IRB of record or one of the collaborating sites.
Do not begin human subject activities until IRB approval is obtained.